9 OCTOBER 2021
PRIYANSHU (WEEKEND BATCH)
GOOGLE – PANDA UPDATE
A COMPLETE GUIDE :
WHAT IS THE GOOGLE PANDA UPDATE ?
Google panda update was first introduced in the year 2011 and was basically designed to eliminate the unethical trick and tactics of SEO which is also known as Black Hat SEO in the current era.
The update was aimed at stopping the content that had managed to rank high for certain queries and topics despite having little to offer to the reader.
From 2011 to 2015, google regularly updated the filters which finally resulted in new sites being penalised and banned. From January 2016, Google announced that panda update was a core part of their algorithm, which will be used to help measure the quality of a site when determining its risk.
HOW DOES GOOGLE PANDA UPDATE WORK ?
Google panda penalties usually occur when the websites manage to rank high on the SERP despite of poor or insufficient content of the end user or the reader. The algorithm adjustment works like a quality filter for websites. The consequence of this devaluation was that the affected websites suffered in the SERP and in turn SEO visibility.
Some aspects for which penalties occur are :
• Duplicate content
• Pages that have a poor insufficient content
• Pages that have excessively general information • Lack of authoritative sources
• Untrustworthy content and questionable link
• High keyword density
Referring to the above stated points, after the Google panda update 4.1 that occurred in 2014, it was found that update even impacted a number of well known websites such as:
Apart from the above mentioned websites, pages like NYTimes.com and OrganicGardening.com benefited from the update because they already focused on highly informative content and low ad ratio.
HOW DO I RECOVER FROM A PANDA PENALTY ?
When you are hit by the google panda update penalty, there will be a noticeable steady decline in the traffic which further means that if you are hit by the panda update it will negatively impact your whole website.
The noticeable decline is represented as :
( VISIBILITY INDEX )
TO RECOVER THE PAGE OR THE WEBSITE FROM THIS DECLINE CERTAIN STEPS CAN BE IMPLEMENTED :
• Look out for the duplicate or extra pages on your website that offer irrelevant and little information to the user.
• Look for duplicate title tags as a potential indicator of duplicate content.
• Eliminate or update these pages so they provide value to the reader
• Make sure your site offers a positive user experience and does not contain excessive ads.
• Check the backlink structure.
As anyone move forward with their website, they want to make sure that they produce content that the Panda filter will like and will not threaten the site in the future.
Here is how to produce Panda-friendly content:
• Each page must have a purpose for the end-user, not just to rank for a particular keyword.
• Regularly check for duplicate content
• Keep an eye on your ad ratio to make sure that your load time and
your user experience are not hurt by excessive ads
•Use Google Webmaster tools to make sure the website is functioning optimally and providing the best possible user experience.
GOAL OF THE GOOGLE PANDA UPDATE ?
The Panda update focused on site content. The algorithm adjustment works like a quality filter. websites of lesser quality are filtered out and devalued.
With the introduction of the Panda update the quality of the SERP got significantly improved. The implementation of the algorithm therefore serves the optimisation of the user experience of the Google search engine. Thus making searching even more attractive for users.